Terms And Conditions
Teach Me Internships/Work placement has rolling admission dates for most of its programs. Some programs have flexibility depending on the time of year and type of internship, but in general, applications should be completed at least 6 weeks prior to desired start date.
Upon selection for an internship placement, an ‘Internship / Work placement Agreement’ is forwarded to the confirmed student or college for signature and returned together with proof of medical insurance coverage for the entire duration of the internship. This must be done prior to the agreed starting date.
Once selected the intern undertakes to conduct himself/herself at all times in a manner compatible with his/her responsibilities as an intern of Teach Me.
An intern may not communicate at any time to the media or any other external source any information which has become known to him/her by reason of association with Teach Me. He/she may not use any such information without the written authorization of Teach Me and such information may never be used for personal gain. These obligations also apply after the end of the internship period.
To be eligible in any programs offered by Teach Me, students must meet the following:
- Must be of at least 17 years of age.
- Must have at least a basic level of English language. (Able to carry a conversation)
- Must have a flexible (can do) attitude.
- Must be a team player and willing to learn.
- Must have commitment in fulfilling job duties for the duration of the program.
Application fee is due along with the application form. Full payment is due 4 weeks prior to the program start date, unless otherwise specified by Teach Me or agreed between the parties.
Teach Me has drafted this refund policy in order that every student and intern is aware of the procedures and practices relating to refunds and also to comply with good customer relation service and practice.
Whereas Teach Me understands that unforeseen circumstances may compel a student or an intern to withdraw from a course placement, students and interns none the less, should understand that Teach Me makes decisions as to resource levels for a course or placement subject to demand for the course or placement and the formation of a viable student cohort. Full course and fee will be refunded to all students and interns in the following instances only A) in the event that Teach Me does not or cannot proceed with a course or placement and B) where a student or intern application is refused or denied.
In very exceptional circumstances however, will Teach Me consider refunding fees or part of any fees paid where a course or Internship is run as planned and where the student or intern has been granted a place or position and accepted and confirmed this? Where Teach Me agreed to a refund of fees or part of any fees paid, an administration cost will be deducted for all costs incurred.
1. Teach Me accepts no obligation what so ever to refund any fee or part of any fee paid in respect of any course, Internship position or service provided by Teach Me and accepted and confirmed by the student or Intern or their representative body or organization.
2. Under no circumstances will Teach Me refund the deposit, or any part of the deposit paid in respect of a students’ or Interns’ registration for a course or placement, unless Teach Me is unable to run the course or intern programme registered for or, in the event that course dates or placements and/or times have been changed, that these changed times are not acceptable to the student or intern.
3. Where a student or Intern has to withdraw from Teach Me courses or placements for the whole or part of an agreed period for which he/she has registered or paid a fee and the withdrawal is due to very exceptional circumstances, beyond the student’s or Intern’s control which are documented and which are likely to significantly impact upon their ability to successfully follow the course or placement, a partial refund of any fee paid may be considered by Teach Me.
4. Where, in the circumstances detailed above, a student does not attend the course or placement or where a student commences but withdraws before the end of a programme or internship, part of the fee paid may be refunded. Applications for such refunds must be addressed to Teach Me and made on Teach Me’s Application Refund Form and returned to Teach Me before the final week.
5. Student and Intern’s may however defer their registration on a course or placement to an alternative period or a nominated alternative time provided they advise Teach Me well in advance of the change.
6. Medical insurance and accommodation costs paid by the student are non-refundable and cannot be claimed back from Teach Me.
General Terms and Conditions
The applicant certifies that the information given in the Application Form is correct and acknowledges that any false information will compromise their participation on the programme.
It is the intern’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has a valid passport and obtains appropriate documentation for entry into the Republic of Ireland.
The intern must attend the induction phase of the programme on arrival.
If the intern has to leave or is dismissed from a placement, no refund of placement fees will be made for any reason; depending on the circumstances Teach Me at its discretion may offer to find the intern a new placement and extra placement costs may apply.
The intern must respect the laws of the Republic of Ireland as well as the rules and practices of the establishment where they are working. Failure to do so may result in termination of the intern’s programme with no refund of fees.
If an intern begins their programme and decides it is unsuitable for their requirements, no fees will be refundable, although, while not guaranteed, every effort will be made by Teach Me to find an alternative establishment for the time available. Teach Me will not be responsible for any additional costs, which may be incurred in any such move.
The intern understands that all travel before, during, and after the programme are at the intern’s own risk and that operating any motorised vehicles, obtaining the necessary license, permission and insurance are the sole responsibility of the intern.
Teach Me accept no liability or responsible either for the intern’s health & safety; or for any loss or damage to property; or any third party’s property or persons, howsoever or when caused. It is the intern’s responsibility to ensure they are fit to travel and to undertake any duties that they intend carrying out.
The student is required to take out personal insurance, prior to entry to the Republic of Ireland covering all circumstances that could occur throughout their stay (including cancellation, medical and personal injury, death, third party risk, repatriation, loss of property). Refunds are not given in any of these situations.
Complaints must be made on the appropriate Teach Me Complaints Form and will be fully investigated by Teach Me.